6 Tips to Make the Most of IPI 2017
3. Be nice to your feet. Chances are, you’ll be doing a lot of walking at IPI. Do yourself a favor and wear shoes that will sustain you through long days of conference programming and after-hours events. Function over form for this one, friends. We repeat: IPI is not the time to break in a brand new pair of kicks.
4. Keep your phone charger on hand. There’s nothing worse than running out of juice on the expo floor (especially right when you’re trying to take a picture or add a new LinkedIn connection). Bring your phone charger along in the morning—you’ll probably be away from your hotel for hours at a time. Better yet, bring a lightweight portable phone charger with you so you don’t have to stress about finding an open outlet.
5. Write a short recap at the end of each day. Look, you’re going to be tired at IPI (trust us, we get it). But, commit to taking 3 minutes to reflect on your day while it’s still fresh in your mind. IPI is a whirlwind, and you might forget little details after a busy week (and the holiday weekend right after IPI concludes). Jot down a few thoughts in your phone, or go old-school analog on your hotel stationery. Try writing a sentence to answer each of the following questions:
- Who did I meet today?
- What’s something new I learned?
- What was the best part of the day?
- Who do I want to talk to next?
6. Finally, have fun! You knew this one was coming, right? IPI is a chance for you to meet, learn from, and network with some of the most talented people in the parking industry. Take advantage of it, and enjoy yourself!
Keep these tips in mind and your IPI experience is sure to be a memorable one. And, don’t forget to visit T2 Systems at Booth #1001 during IPI, May 21st – 24th.
See you there!